- THE GOLDEN RULE: Love must always trump your theology. All commenters must acknowledge the pain some people have experienced. While we are open to disagreements on theology, please treat others with respect.
- We exist to share our experiences at Mars Hill to help others make their exodus and find healing in telling their stories. While we are not a watchdog site, we will occasionally post links and stories about Mars Hill that we feel our readers would find interesting or important.
- We seek to glorify God in our words and actions (though I am sure we will stumble). All stories should be told respectfully (no foul language, no sharing names of people involved, etc.).
- All comments in response to people's stories will be moderated. People who are brave enough to share their stories have already been hurt. We will not post comments that are profane or abusive. Each person's story is theirs to tell, and we want to be a place of encouragement. Refer back to THE GOLDEN RULE.
- We are just regular people. We are not mental health professionals, pastors, theologians, or the like. Any advice or scripture we may offer is solely our opinion or understanding of scripture.
- The rules are subject to change if we find they are not working (we have never done this before).
WHAT THE WORLD IS SAYING ABOUT US:
- A Blessing
- Safe Haven
- Oasis in the midst of the postevangelical desert
- Consumer Christians
- Stupid and Petty People
- Lightening rods for complaint, anxiety, frustration